USC Football Game at the Coliseum

November 11, 2016

I attended a home USC football game in person for the first time in grad school last week. It was a blast! Home games (when the team does not travel to another school) are held at the LA Coliseum, just across the street from USC’s campus, and home of the 1984 Olympics.

I also attended the Graduate Students of BME Tailgate before the game, and enjoyed meeting classmates in a relaxed social setting with free food and drinks.

Like a good Trojan, I kicked the flagpoles – at the end of Trousdale Parkway facing Exposition Blvd – for good luck on my way to the stadium.

I got to attend this game for free because I volunteered in Troy Camp’s “Pass the Can” event. It’s an amazing philanthropic student-run event that happens every year. Its only downside is sitting in the general section where people aren’t as spirited as the student section. But hey, it’s free and for a good cause!

Tomorrow USC plays the Huskies, the University of Washington team. The Viterbi GAPP Office has been cool enough to organize a Game Watch party with food and drinks at Tommy’s Place in the Campus Center and explain the rules of the game to those who are new to it. Fight on!

Published on November 11th, 2016

Last updated on August 29th, 2017