Wanna Donate? Take a Photo

December 14, 2016

I heard about an amazing, free, and simple app, Donate a Photo, that lets you donate to charity. My longest continous streak is 20 days. How many days can you go?

I love the concept because it turns something many of us do every day – taking random pictures – into an impact on other people’s lives with no cost to the donor. I’ve donated 50 photos so far, including the one above of an industrial building in the LA Arts District.

I first heard about it in the newsletters from SWE (Society of Women Engineers, student org open to graduate students) and ASBME (Associated Students of Biomedical Engineering, undergrad BME student org). Below is the blurb from the ASBME newsletter.

USC and campuses across the nation are working to promote Donate a Photo (DAP), an app by Johnson & Johnson that is essentially Instagram for a good cause. The app has raised over $1.5M for every cause imaginable, from cancer research to promoting education for girls in impoverished nations to fighting mental illness.

Here’s how to do it (it’s super simple):

1. Download Donate a Photo app (compatible with iOS and Android)
  2. Post 1 photo a day to a cause of your choice
  3. Include our custom hashtag, #DAPUUSC, in each post to win points for our school as we compete for the most photos donated with schools nationwide!
  4. Set up daily reminders to post photos in Settings on the DAP app

For more information, visit http://www.donateaphoto.com/en_US. You can also contact Ly Pham, a USC student and USC’s Johnson & Johnson Brand Ambassador.

Published on December 14th, 2016

Last updated on August 29th, 2017