A Walk in the Woods

July 27, 2017

Posted: March 15, 2017, 2:20pm

The sound of water streams flowing through the dense green woods and the serenity of the place takes your mind into a completely different world. Such a place is the Muir Woods in San Francisco.

I happened to be there the last weekend as I was visiting my cousins in San Francisco. It was truly a delightful outing and I could spend an entire day in the tranquility of the redwoods.

The Muir Woods National Monument was an act established in January 1908 to protect the redwood forest from destruction.

We took the two-mile trail into the woods and it was very scenic. We took the flat easy trail on our way into the woods and on our way out, we took the hillside trail, which as the name says, is a very narrow trail alongside the hill. We crossed several bridges on our trail, below which flows the redwood creek. Oh, what a wonderful sight!

The weather was just perfect and we enjoyed every moment of the hike. One should hike into the woods as early in the morning as possible to see the sunlight slant its way down through the dense trees. It all looks so magical.

I really enjoyed the hike and would love to go back to the Muir woods when I am in San Francisco the next time.

Published on July 27th, 2017

Last updated on August 10th, 2017