Say YES to new adventures!

September 13, 2017

Boston Take 1!

The Spring semester was a very hectic one with the constant search for an internship. Along with the daily assignments and class work, applying to companies and hoping for an interview call was a pretty stressful time. But, hard work does pay off. The feeling when you finally get the offer letter for the job you have been wanting to do is simply amazing. I spent my summer as a Lighting Research Intern at Philips in Cambridge, MA.

I was both excited and nervous at the same time. The night before my flight from LA, I had several thoughts flying in my head like how I would manage everything on my own in a city where I didn’t know anyone and that I would definitely miss my friends back in LA. The thought of shifting to a completely new city for three months was a little scary but the chance of meeting new people and exploring new places made it more exciting. I spent two weeks contacting over 30 people for renting a room for the summer; house hunting is not easy nor is it fun. However, I found an amazing apartment in the heart of Cambridge with great rent. I found the two most amazing roommates who made my time in Boston a lot of fun. As they say, all is well that ends well!

I spent my first week with my relatives in the suburbs near Boston, in an area called Westford. What made me awe was the lush greenery everywhere; something that I don’t get to see much in LA. It was beautiful. I had a relaxing first week and that gave me time to settle down and figure out a lot of things before I began working in the wonderful city. My summer had just begun.

SaveSave

Published on September 13th, 2017

Last updated on October 29th, 2017