Family Reunion in Aspen!

March 21, 2018

Posted: March 21, 2018, 3:42pm

I cannot believe it is already March!! Every year, my entire extended family on my mother’s side comes together for a week to reconnect and enjoy some good food and skiing. All 20 of us met up for some small group dinners and had several meetings for updates and goals for 2018. It sounds pretty intense, but I absolutely love it.

For the meals we ate in the city, we touched upon a lot of questions surrounding our definitions of success, our personal short-term and long-term goals, and what our family could do better to support each other as well as our communities. We aim to have all of our actions be deliberate and well executed, so it’s only common sense to have a united goal for outreach. Since we’re already in the baby business, we’re thinking of advocating for kids and families that don’t have the same opportunities and resources that we do. This could come in the form of teaching STEM to younger students, donating cribs and dressers to local shelters, or advocating on the hill for better healthcare for children.

We also spent a lot of time with the newest member of the family, Sophie!! She’s the first one of the next generation so everybody fawned over her and spoiled her to death – she is the cutest! It has been exciting seeing our family grow, and I’m looking forward to meeting more kids in the next few years!!

Published on March 21st, 2018

Last updated on April 1st, 2021