4th of July at Venice Beach!

August 23, 2018

Dear Reader, welcome to my blog!

As you know 4th of July is America’s Independence Day. It has been a federal holiday in the U.S. since 1941 but it dates back to 1776 when the Continental Congress voted in favor of independence on July 2nd. Two days after that, delegates from the 13 colonies adopted the Declaration of Independence, a historic document drafted by Thomas Jefferson. Since then July 4th has been celebrated with fireworks, parades, concerts or casual family gatherings and barbecues.

I was told that July 4th was celebrated with fireworks all across L.A. and that it was a cool sight, so I was very curious before the day. A couple of my friends invited me to join them to watch the celebration at Venice Beach (near the pier). It was a very chill atmosphere with cool music. Many people came in friend groups and set up their tents or umbrellas on the sand. We were quite a large group too. Everybody was having a good time as they waited for the sunset. Once the sun went down, the fireworks started right above us! Then, we saw them all across the visible parts of the coast. It was so much fun to watch them with so many people and it was a wonderful sight by the ocean!

If you have not gone to one yet, make sure you go to a celebration next year! I highly recommend the beach 🙂

Thank you for reading, see you in a future post!

References:

https://www.history.com/topics/holidays/july-4th

Published on August 23rd, 2018

Last updated on April 1st, 2021