2019 Graduation Festivities!

May 16, 2019

Student government leadership with President Austin!

Congratulations to the Class of 2019!! Last week, I was able to take part in so many events to celebrate those that graduated from their many different degree programs this year. Some highlights were participating in the Wall of Scholars dedication in Leavey Library with my ever-supportive parents, attending the Honorary Degrees Dinner, and walking with the platform party at Commencement!

At the Wall of Scholars ceremony with my lovely parents.

Although I’m not quite ready to graduate from my PhD program just yet (my advisor told me next year!), I was looped into these ceremonies because of a couple of reasons – I was fortunate to receive the incredible Rockwell Dennis Hunt Scholastic Award for 2019, and I am near the end of my term as President of Graduate Student Government (GSG).

Presidents of Graduate Student Government, Academic Senate, Staff Assembly, and Undergraduate Student Government.

The most exciting by far was being a part of the platform party at graduation. I’ve gone to five USC graduations during my time here: 2014 and 2018 to see friends, 2016 for my brother, and 2015 and 2017 for my BS and MS degrees. I was in the crowd for all of those instances, so to be up on stage and see the entire audience in front of Bovard was exhilarating. I also had a chance to see all of my favorite administrators, faculty, staff, and Trustees in one place, so dressing in our regalia and waiting in line together was so much fun.

So proud of our undergraduate researchers for graduating with incredible honors!

Published on May 16th, 2019

Last updated on April 1st, 2021