Cal Poly Open House
Date: Thursday, April 8th
About the Program
The University of Southern California-Viterbi School of Engineering is proud to present the first annual Cal Poly Graduate Open House!
This program will take an overall look at the engineering graduate school experience. Participants will have the opportunity to engage with current students, faculty and staff, and will walk away with an understanding of Masters & PhD programs in engineering and computer science. Our goal is to provide the pathways and tools needed for Cal Poly students to pursue advanced studies and their academic careers.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about the 13 Doctoral programs and over 60 Master’s programs in engineering and computer science
- Acquire insight on how graduate school can aid in your future goals
- Gain knowledge on how to prepare and apply to graduate school
- Engage with current engineering graduate students, faculty, and staff
- Find out about summer research opportunities
- Benefit from special presentations and workshops by engineering faculty and staff
- All students currently attending California Polytechnic University in Pomona or San Luis Obispo
- We encourage students majoring in engineering, computer science, applied mathematics, or physical sciences (biology, chemistry, physics) to join. Students outside of STEM are also welcome to join to learn more about our interdisciplinary data science programs.
- Interest is particularly encouraged from students who are Black/African American, Latino/Chicano American, and Native American
Thursday April 8th:
10:00am Applying to Graduate School: Interest to Applicant
11:00pm Engineering in the Real World: The Institute for Creative Technologies
12:00pm The Student Perspective: Current Engineering Graduate Student Panel
12:30pm Engineering in the Real World: Information Science Institute
Thursday April 8th
|Applying to Graduate School: Interest to Applicant||Thursday April 8th, 10:00am-11:00am||REGISTER|
|Engineering Concepts in the Real World:|
Institute for Creative Technologies (ICT)
|Thursday April 8th, 11:00am-12:00pm||REGISTER|
|The Student Perspective: Current Viterbi Engineering Graduate Students||Thursday April 8th, 12:00pm-12:30pm||REGISTER|
|Engineering Concepts in The Real World:|
Information Sciences Institute (ISI)
|Thursday April 8th, 12:30pm-1:30pm||REGISTER|
DIVERSITY AT THE VITERBI SCHOOL
The USC Viterbi School of Engineering takes pride as a preeminent engineering institution in sharing the responsibility of producing high-quality and diverse graduates fully reflective of our pluralistic society to fulfill the 21st century technical workforce needs of this country and the global community at large. Through our world-class faculty, rich academic programs, and stellar student services and mentoring resources, we are committed to attracting, retaining, training, graduating and placing outstanding men and women students from all backgrounds and demographic sectors of our multi-cultural, diverse world. Engineering professionals that are life-long learners and equipped with a diversified skill set are best suited to discover, integrate, and adapt to new knowledge and experiences dynamically and effectively as the technology, culture, and needs of the global society continue to evolve. The Viterbi School strives to be a national and international leader in their quest.
Questions? Contact Kevin Henry at email@example.com.