Viterbi Graduate STEP Workshop
Step Towards Engineering Programs
About the Workshop
The Viterbi Graduate Step Toward Engineering Programs (STEP) Workshop invites students to explore master’s and doctoral degree programs during a 2-day workshop at the USC Viterbi School of Engineering in Los Angeles, CA. During the Viterbi Graduate STEP Workshop, students from across the country can explore our rich academic programs, exciting research opportunities, world-class faculty, stellar student services, and valuable mentoring resources.
In fulfilling our mission, the Viterbi Graduate STEP Workshop actively seeks engineering achievers from diverse backgrounds, particularly students who have been historically underrepresented in the field of engineering, including African Americans, Native Americans, and the Latinx community.
Viterbi Graduate STEP Workshop Details
Dates: April 26 - 27, 2024 (Friday - Saturday)
Location: University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA. Housing accommodations will be at the USC Hotel.
Who should apply: Current undergraduate sophomores, juniors, seniors, or 1st year master's students with a strong background in engineering, computer science, math, or a hard science.
- Complete the online application
- Attach a personal statement describing your goals
- Attach your academic transcript
- Attach your resume
Program participants will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about 13 Doctoral programs and over 70 Master's programs in engineering & computer science
- Gain insight on the graduate application, admission, and fellowship processes
- Interact with current graduate students, faculty, and staff
- Find out about summer research opportunities
- Build your personal STEP roadmap
- Attend free of charge. Flights and ground transportation to and from campus as well as hotel accommodations and meals will be hosted by USC Viterbi School of Engineering.
Interested in participating in the next STEP Workshop?
DIVERSITY AT THE VITERBI SCHOOL
As a premier engineering institution, the USC Viterbi School of Engineering takes pride in its shared responsibility for developing high-achieving, diverse graduates who are fully representative of our pluralistic society and can tackle the ever-evolving needs of the global community. With our world-class professors, rich academic programs, and stellar student services, we are dedicated to supporting and mentoring this next generation of exceptional engineers. We believe that engineers, as multicultural and diverse as the world they design for, who are lifelong learners, and with a bounty of talent are best prepared to advance technology with social and environmental responsibility. Therefore, the USC Viterbi School of Engineering strives to be a leader in this pursuit to engineer a better world for all humanity.
Questions? Contact Juli Legat at email@example.com.
Published on August 3rd, 2017
Last updated on September 5th, 2023