- Program Overview
- Application Criteria
- Tuition & Fees
- Meet Our Students
- Career Outcomes
- DEN@Viterbi - Online Delivery
- Request Information
Transportation is a dynamic field with many aspects. The Master of Science in Transportation Systems Management prepares students from any undergraduate background for advanced positions in the private, public, or nonprofit sector as well as for advanced graduate study. The program core provides students with a broad basis for understanding transportation systems and needs. A required specialization provides particular depth in a focused aspect of transportation systems relating to particular set of methods or problem domain.
- the design, provision, operation, and effectiveness of transportation services in the larger context of economic and social systems;
- how organizations can best adapt to changes affecting the transportation environment in which services are demanded and provided, including the the relationships between transportation, technology, information services, and regulatory requirements;
- to characterize, analyze, and address complex transportation problems at the system level by relying on both theory and applied analytical methods.
Students in this program will choose from one of four recommended areas of study:
- Transportation Infrastructure Systems
- Geographic Information Systems
- Data Informatics
- Systems Architecting