- Program Overview
- Application Information
- Tuition & Fees
- Career Outcomes
- DEN@Viterbi - Online Delivery
- Request Information
In this certificate program, students will learn the fundamentals of data science, including data collection and management, data analytics, data visualization, and data privacy. This certificate program is designed for students from nontechnical undergraduate backgrounds. Students who complete the certificate are eligible to be considered for admission to the program leading to the MS in Applied Data Science.
International Students: This program is not eligible for the OPT STEM extension.
Please Note: Requirements for graduation, course offerings, course availability, track offerings, and any other degree requirements are subject to change. Students should consult with an academic advisor prior to registering for any classes.
- A total of 15 units is required to earn the Graduate Certificate in Big Data Fundamentals.
- 4 Required Courses: 15 Units
- DSCI 510 Principles of Programming for Data Science
- DSCI 549 Introduction to Computational Thinking and Data Science
- DSCI 550 Data Science at Scale
- DSCI 559 Introduction to Data Management
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation
Students who complete the certificate are eligible to be considered for admission to the MS in Applied Data Science.Detailed Program Curriculum and RequirementsSchedule of Classes