- Program Overview
- Application Information
- Tuition & Fees
- DEN@Viterbi - Online Delivery
- Request Information
In this certificate program, students will learn the fundamentals of data informatics, including data collection and management, data analytics, data visualization, and data privacy. This certificate program is designed for students from nontechnical undergraduate backgrounds. Students who complete the certificate are eligible to be considered for admission to the program leading to the MS in Data Informatics.
Please Note: Requirements for graduation, course offerings, course availability, track offerings, and any other degree requirements are subject to change. Students should consult with an academic advisor prior to registering for any classes.
- A total of 15 units is required to earn the Graduate Certificate in Big Data Fundamentals.
- 4 Required Courses: 15 Units
- INF 510 Principles of Programming for Informatics
- INF 549 Introduction to Computational Thinking and Data Science
- INF 550 Overview of Data Informatics in Large Data Environments
- INF 559 Introduction to Data Management
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation
Students who complete the certificate are eligible to be considered for admission to the MS in Data Informatics.Detailed Program Curriculum and RequirementsSchedule of Classes