- Program Overview
- Application Information
- Tuition & Fees
- DEN@Viterbi - Online Delivery
- Request Information
The MS in Electrical Engineering (Computer Networks) is an area of emphasis for the electrical engineering student interested in data networks.
International Students: This program is eligible for the OPT STEM extension.
Please Note: Requirements for graduation, course offerings, course availability, track offerings, and any other degree requirements are subject to change. Students should consult with an academic advisor prior to registering for any classes.
- A minimum of 27 units is required for the MS in Electrical Engineering (Computer Networks) degree
- Minimum number of units in electrical engineering: 15 units (those not in EE are subject to written advisor approval and must be technical in nature)
- Minimum number of units in the Viterbi School of Engineering: 21 units
- Fundamental Courses: 12 units
- Required Courses: 11-12 units
- No more than 9 units at the 400 level may be counted toward the degree. The remaining units must be taken at the 500 or 600 level
- To achieve a degree of breadth in their program, students are encouraged to take two technical courses outside their area of specialization but within EE
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 is required for graduation.