- Program Overview
- Application Information
- Tuition & Fees
- DEN@Viterbi - Online Delivery
- Request Information
Graduates of the MS in Electrical Engineering will have the professional skills necessary to compete effectively in a world of rapid technological change as well as to assume leadership roles within industrial, entrepreneurial, academic, or governmental environments in the broad context of electrical engineering.
The Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering is known for research and academic leadership in innovative areas such as: adaptive and reconfigurable mixed signal integrated circuits; antenna networks; bio-signal processing; computer architecture; very-large-scale integration (VLSI) and computer-aided design (CAD); computer networks; control systems; high speed switching architectures; signal, image and multimedia processing; nanotechnology; optical communications; photonics; and quantum information processing.
International Students: This program is eligible for the OPT STEM extension.
Please Note: Requirements for graduation, course offerings, course availability, track offerings, and any other degree requirements are subject to change. Students should consult with an academic advisor prior to registering for any classes.
- A minimum of 28 units is required for the general MS in Electrical Engineering degree
- Minimum number of units in electrical engineering: 20 units
- All non-EE course work must be approved in advance of taking it in order for the course to be counted toward the MS degree – please see this link for more information on non-EE course work
- Minimum number of units in the Viterbi School of Engineering: 21 units
- No more than 3 courses (12 units maximum) at the 400 level may be counted toward the degree. The remaining units must be taken at the 500 or 600 level
- To achieve a degree of breadth in their program, students are encouraged to take two technical courses outside their area of specialization but within EE
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation