- Program Overview
- Application Information
- Tuition & Fees
- Career Outcomes
- DEN@Viterbi - Online Delivery
- Request Information
As of September 7, 2021, the GRE exam is not required.
The MS in Petroleum Engineering (Digital Oilfield Technologies) is a unique degree offered only through the USC Viterbi School of Engineering. This degree program was created based upon industry’s request to train existing staff and new hires with skills related to the operation of digital fields.
The new USC Center for Interactive Digital Oilfield Technologies (CiSoft), sponsored by Chevron, will provide facilities for research and training in these technologies, offering cutting-edge course content for this degree
- This program takes 2 years to complete
- This program is eligible for the OPT STEM extension
- A thesis option is available for this program
- Chat with a USC Viterbi Graduate Student Ambassador
- Visit our Profiles Page to learn more about our students and alumni
Please Note: Requirements for graduation, course offerings, course availability, track offerings, and any other degree requirements are subject to change. Students should consult with an academic advisor prior to registering for any classes.
- A minimum of 35 units is required to earn the MS in Petroleum Engineering (Digital Oilfield Technologies) degree
- Some deficiency courses may be required
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation
Published on July 6th, 2017
Last updated on September 8th, 2021