- Program Overview
- Application Information
- Tuition & Fees
- DEN@Viterbi - Online Delivery
- Request Information
The MS in Petroleum Engineering (Smart Oilfield Technologies) is a unique degree offered only through the USC Viterbi School of Engineering. This degree program was created based upon industry’s request to train existing staff and new hires with skills related to the operation of smart fields.
The new USC Center for Interactive Smart Oilfield Technologies (CiSoft), sponsored by Chevron, will provide facilities for research and training in these technologies, offering cutting-edge course content for this degree.
International Students: This program is eligible for the OPT STEM extension.
Please Note: Requirements for graduation, course offerings, course availability, track offerings and any other degree requirements are subject to change. Students should consult with an academic advisor prior to registering for any classes.
- A minimum of 34 units is required to earn the MS in Petroleum Engineering (Smart Oilfield Technologies) degree
- Required core courses: 30 units
- Elective courses: 4 units
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation