REACH Graduate Engineering Preview
PROGRAM DATES: April 25 – April 27, 2019
About the program:
REACH is a graduate engineering preview program that takes place at USC’s University Park Campus near downtown Los Angeles. Through REACH, under-represented engineering achievers get firsthand exposure to exciting research opportunities, world-class faculty, rich academic programs, stellar student services and mentoring resources.
In fulfilling our mission, the Viterbi School actively seeks engineering achievers from all backgrounds into its graduate degree programs, particularly students historically under-represented in the field of engineering, including African-Americans, Latinos, and Native Americans.
Round-trip transportation, lodging and meals for REACH participants will be paid for by the USC Viterbi School. Attendees who later apply to the USC Viterbi School of Engineering for graduate study will also have their graduate application fee waived.
Selected participants will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about USC Viterbi School of Engineering Master’s and Doctoral programs of study
- Gain insight on the graduate application, admission and fellowship processes at USC
- Interact with current graduate students, faculty, and staff in the Viterbi School
- Find out about summer research opportunities at the Viterbi School
- Benefit from special presentations and workshops by faculty and staff
- Participate in tours of the USC campus, research labs and departmental facilities
- Experience USC campus life and explore the greater Los Angeles area
- Strong academic background in undergraduate studies with recommended 3.0 GPA, majoring in engineering, computer science, applied mathematics, or physical sciences (biology, chemistry, physics)
- Academic Standing:
- Sophomore (2nd year) or junior (3rd year) standing at the time of application
- First year Master’s students interested in Doctoral degrees are also encouraged to apply
- Applications are particularly encouraged from students who are Black/African American, Latino/Chicano American, and Native American
Required application materials:
- Online REACH application form, including a 1-page personal statement (pdf)
- University-issued academic transcript (pdf)
- Current CV or résumé (pdf)
February 22, 2019 by 11:59pm Pacific Time (Selected participants will be notified in early March 2019)
DIVERSITY AT THE VITERBI SCHOOL
The USC Viterbi School of Engineering takes pride as a preeminent engineering institution in sharing the responsibility of producing high-quality and diverse graduates fully reflective of our pluralistic society to fulfill the 21st century technical workforce needs of this country and the global community at large. Through our world-class faculty, rich academic programs, and stellar student services and mentoring resources, we are committed to attracting, retaining, training, graduating and placing outstanding men and women students from all backgrounds and demographic sectors of our multi-cultural, diverse world. Engineering professionals that are life-long learners and equipped with a diversified skill set are best suited to discover, integrate, and adapt to new knowledge and experiences dynamically and effectively as the technology, culture, and needs of the global society continue to evolve. The Viterbi School strives to be a national and international leader in their quest.
Questions? Contact Kevin Henry at firstname.lastname@example.org.