SURE Program: Summer Research for Undergraduates
June 15 – August 6, 2020
Participate in cutting-edge research with top USC faculty
Receive $4500 stipend, university housing, and travel to/from Los Angeles
Gain experience and tools to enhance your application to competitive PhD programs
Explore the rich and diverse culture of Southern California during a two-month stay in Los Angeles while learning about the resources at USC
Develop lasting friendships with fellow participants
Receive an application fee waiver for future graduate study at USC
- Sophomore or Junior-year undergraduate students who are citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. or Canadian citizens
- Interest in conducting research and pursuing a PhD program
- Strong academic background (GPA of 3.5 or higher is recommended) in the fields of engineering, math, or hard science (biology, chemistry, physics)
- Application requires transcripts, a resume, statement of purpose and 2 letters of recommendation
Deadline & Notification:
- Deadline Extended to Friday, February 7, 11:59pm PST
- 2020 SURE Application Deadline is February 2, 2020, 11:59pm PST
- Participants will be notified in mid-March 2020
** Please do not contact faculty directly until you have been formally accepted into the program
For questions regarding the SURE program, please contact Tracy Charles
SURE 2020 Application Now CLOSED!
Please complete all fields & submit the form below to be considered for the summer research program hosted by the USC Viterbi Admission & Student Engagement Office.
Deadline to apply has passed. Thank you for your interest in SURE.