Backpacking in Yosemite!

Posted: August 1, 2016, 5:58pm

Over the weekend, my cousin and I backpacked through Yosemite on some of the most gorgeous trails and campsites I have ever seen. I flew into Oakland Thursday afternoon and we headed straight into the national park. We stayed at a hostel overnight before waking up bright and early to get our wilderness passes. That first day, we hiked 6 miles to Glen Aulin from Tuolumne Meadows, put up our tent on a hill overlooking the entire canyon, and trekked 3 miles further to see the iconic Waterwheel Falls. On our way back, we ran into an adorable black bear (which we saw again later!) and helped the campers nearby scare it off before it got too nosy.

The second day, we hiked back out to Tuolumne and headed down Porcupine Creek towards North Dome. We spent the night on Basket Dome, which had an incredible view of Half Dome and the Yosemite Valley. We set up camp and started a fire in a ring that was already built for us! In all, we hiked 26 miles across 2.5 days and it was truly incredible. The wildflowers, animals (bears, deer, chipmunks, ravens, etc.), night skies, and sunsets were simply breathtaking. Special shout-out to Alite Designs for the free rental gear!! I’ll be back soon!