Celebrating Father’s Day

Posted: June 2, 2016, 6:38pm

For Father’s Day, my family and I got together and had dinner at an iconic restaurant in Downtown LA, the Pacific Dining Car. It was founded in 1921, and is still being run by the fourth generation of the same, original family. Like its name, the restaurant is inside a railway dining car that they built themselves! They made the car a little larger to fit the tables and chairs, and added big wheels so that it could be moved into the parking space they rented at 7thand Westlake, and then 6thand Witmer. Although the Pacific Dining Car is now immobilized, they are still serving delicious steaks, seafood, and salads! We had scallops, crab cakes, duck confit, and a few orders of prime beef. Everything was delicious!

My brother and I got my dad a book about the history of the USC Viterbi School of Engineering (he graduated with a BS in Electrical Engineering in 1989!) and tickets to the Star Trek: Live in Concert performance at the Hollywood Bowl coming up this weekend! Star Trek is one of my dad’s favorite franchises/movies, so this will be a great way to enjoy both the LA Philharmonic and J.J. Abrams’ re-vamped film.