Kanye West

July 27, 2017

Posted: September 30, 2015, 10:00am

For the third time in my life, I had the opportunity to see Mr. Kanye West in concert this past Friday at the Hollywood Bowl.  From my previous experiences attending his performances, I had extremely high expectations. His Glow in the Dark and Watch the Throne tours were fantastic.  Kanye is a master entertainer. He played hit after hit, and kept the audience on their feet with his infectious energy and spirit.

This concert, however, was a total letdown.  Kanye did exactly what he said he would do – play the 808s & Heartbreak album cover to cover.  Although there were a few instances of fireworks and surprise guests (Kid Cudi, Young Jeezy and Mr. Hudson), the overall atmosphere was lacking.  By the time he reached the last song Coldest Winter, half of the crowd was sitting down and dozing off.  We were all stunned when he walked off-stage and ended the concert an hour and ten minutes after it started.  For many of people in attendance, this performance cost at a minimum $2 a minute!

On a more positive note, I still had a great time getting ready and picnicking outside the Hollywood Bowl with my brother and friends.  This venue is a landmark in LA, and no matter who performs there or how their show goes, it will add value to any night.

Published on July 27th, 2017

Last updated on August 10th, 2017