A Night Full of Laughter

July 27, 2017

Posted: March 22, 2017, 8:51pm

I couldn’t think of a better way to feel relaxed amidst the hectic week than being a part of an enthusiastic, loud and crazy crowd full of Indians in Los Angeles’s most iconic comedy club, Hollywood Improv.

Vir Das, one of India’s leading stand-up comedians was in LA as a part of his BOARDING DAS WORLD TOUR across six continents. Das is also a Bollywood actor and has quite a few funny movies under his hat such as the famous “Delhi Belly” that released in 2011.

He is also the first Indian comedian to feature in the original comedy special series on Netflix, which will premiere sometime in March 2017.

I had heard that he starts all his shows with a bang and I witnessed it yesterday. It was a brilliant start to a comedy show. He was on stage for almost over an hour and not for a second did he lose the crowd. I was initially skeptical about attending his show since I hadn’t heard much about his act as a comedian but I totally enjoyed it and would love to go for another show.

In fact, he even posted a status on Facebook that said “It’s when you are far away from home and see hundreds and hundreds of enthusiastic, loud, rowdy, and crazy Indian people pack LAs most iconic comedy club on a rainy Tuesday night and set new decibel levels that you realize what a privilege it is to have Indian fans.”

Once the show got over, I also happened to meet him outside the club. I was very excited because he was meeting his fans with such grace and enthusiasm. I also got a photo clicked with him and was super excited to finally have a picture with a celebrity. 😛

Published on July 27th, 2017

Last updated on August 10th, 2017