Universal Studios and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!

Posted: June 9, 2016, 3:25pm

I finally got to go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!!  Because my brother and I both work as Universal Studios representatives at USC, we got two free tickets each to the theme park this month.  Because my cousin has been a longtime fan of Harry Potter (from the very, very beginning!!), we invited her and my brother’s girlfriend to come along with us.  We got there right as the park opened and immediately headed to Hogsmeade.  The attention to detail on all of the buildings, food, and gifts took my breath away.

We went on the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride three times and bought interactive wands that could make objects in the shop windows move when the right incantations and wand movements are used.  We also ate at The Three Broomsticks and tried all of the goodies that the characters had during their feasts.  Although we spent a bulk of our time in the Harry Potter area of Universal Studios, we still explored everything else, including the Studio Tour and the Jurassic Park, Transformers, and Revenge of the Mummy rides.  I hope they’re expanding it to include Diagon Alley like they did with the Florida park!