Exploring LA with my Cousins!

February 7, 2019

One of my cousins from Singapore stopped by Los Angeles on her way back from San Francisco to spend time with all of the family based here! I was able to host her for a few nights, so we spent a ton of time driving through the city and experiencing some of my favorite spots.

Right after picking her up, we waited out some traffic by playing the newest Super Smash Bros. and headed straight for some good food. We stopped by Hama Sushi in Little Tokyo, Milk Bar LA on Melrose, and even a Roscoe’s House of Chicken and Waffles!! And that was just the first night!

The rest of her visit went pretty much the same, with lots of time with the other aunts, uncles, and cousins who also live in LA. We don’t get as much time with her since she lives in Singapore, so everyone milked every chance they got!

I have been a bit stressed as I prepare for my qualifying exam (~75-paged research summary + 1-hour presentation), but with my flexible schedule as a PhD student, I was still able to spend my down time with my family. I’ll be able to see everyone soon on our annual trip, which starts the day after quals! Counting down the days until then.

Published on February 7th, 2019

Last updated on April 1st, 2021