The DEN@Viterbi Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship for outstanding students pursuing a master's program online via DEN@Viterbi.
- Scholarship recipients must pursue their entire program online via DEN@Viterbi and receive partial, or no, tuition reimbursement funds from their employer. Awards are partial scholarships ranging from 1-4 units of tuition. Partial scholarships in varying amounts will be awarded to outstanding engineering professionals.
- This scholarship must be utilized during the awarded academic year. Applicants can reapply each academic year for future scholarship consideration. (Ex: Fall 2023 DEN@Viterbi Scholarship recipients are not eligible for Spring 2024 scholarship consideration but can reapply for Fall 2024).
Newly Admitted (or applicants to a master's program): must have at least a 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA (on a 4.0 scale) from their degree-granting institution and must have applied to a USC Viterbi School of Engineering master's program as an online DEN@Viterbi student.
Continuing Students: Online DEN@Viterbi continuing master's students are eligible and must have at least a 3.3 cumulative GPA in their current academic program. Continuing students who previously received a scholarship should provide updated application documents.
Fall 2024 DEN@Viterbi Scholarship Application Deadline: Monday, June 24, 2024
For questions, please email DEN@Viterbi.usc.edu.
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the DEN@Viterbi Scholarship:
- Applying or admitted to a USC Viterbi School of Engineering master's program and pursuing their degree program in its entirety as a DEN@Viterbi (online) student. The applicant must be admitted to their academic program before receiving a scholarship decision.
- Minimum GPA Requirement:
- Newly Admitted (or applicants to a master's program): must have a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Continuing Students: online DEN@Viterbi continuing master's students must have at least a 3.3 cumulative GPA in their current academic program
- USC Viterbi Progressive Degree Program (PDP) students are also eligible and must be in the final year of their master's program and pursuing their courses fully online via DEN@Viterbi.
- Applicant must work full-time and submit proof that their current employer provides either partial or no educational funding opportunities. If you've recently lost employment, or are currently unemployed, please reach out to DEN@Viterbi.usc.edu for guidance on how to apply for this merit-based scholarship.
- Evidence of leadership or accomplishments as cited by a manager or supervisor within the applicant's organization.
Scholarship Recipient Guidelines
DEN@Viterbi Scholarship recipients must:
- Take courses for credit only
- Enroll in courses applicable towards their degree program
- Maintain enrollment as a DEN@Viterbi (online) student
Before submitting the DEN@Viterbi Scholarship application, you must have a USC Graduate Application on file for review or be a currently enrolled USC DEN@Viterbi master’s student. You must be formally admitted into the University as a DEN@Viterbi student before receiving a scholarship decision.
To be considered for the DEN@Viterbi Scholarship, you must submit all of the following:
- Completed DEN@Viterbi Scholarship Application
- Including a list of any academic honors and/or publications.
- Continuing Master's students who have previously submitted a DEN@Viterbi Scholarship application must submit a new application and updated materials.
- Personal Statement should not be more than one page
- Newly Admitted students (or applicants): The personal statement should succinctly describe the reasons for pursuing your intended program at the Viterbi School of Engineering, future career plans, relevant work and/or academic accomplishments or awards, and other aspects of your background and interests which may aid the scholarship committee in its evaluation.
- Continuing Master's students: applicants who have previously applied for the DEN@Viterbi Scholarship should submit an updated personal statement. The statement should succinctly describe any relevant work and/or academic accomplishments or awards as a current DEN@Viterbi student, future career plans, and other aspects of your background and interests which may aid the scholarship committee in its evaluation.
- Copies of transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Newly Admitted students (or applicants): Please submit unofficial transcript copies as part of your scholarship application. The scholarship committee does not have access to the transcripts submitted as part of your application for admission.
- Continuing Master's students: Current students or students who have taken courses via Limited Status enrollment must provide a copy of their updated STARS report.
- Letter or Flyer indicating your employer's current partial tuition assistance policy
- If no tuition assistance is available through your current employer, please attach a current letter from a direct manager or HR representative confirming that no tuition assistance is offered.
- Continuing Master's students: previous scholarship applicants should submit an updated and current letter or flyer.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- One letter must come from a current manager or supervisor with direct oversight of your performance in the workplace.
- The second letter may come from an individual of your choice such as a current or former professor, supervisor, professional colleague, etc.
- Continuing Master's students: previous scholarship applicants are highly encouraged to submit new or updated letters of recommendation.
- Updated Resume/CV
Published on September 1st, 2021
Last updated on January 19th, 2024