DEN@Viterbi Scholarship - Fall 2021
The DEN@Viterbi Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship for outstanding students pursuing a master's program online via DEN@Viterbi.
Scholarship recipients must pursue their entire program fully online via DEN@Viterbi and receive partial, or no, tuition reimbursement funds from their employer. Awards are partial scholarships ranging from 1-4 units of tuition.
Partial scholarships in varying amounts will be awarded to outstanding engineering professionals. This scholarship must be utilized during the awarded academic year. Applicants can reapply each academic year for future scholarship consideration.
Newly admitted students (or applicants to a master's program) must have at least a 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA (on a 4.0 scale) and must have applied to a USC Viterbi School of Engineering master's program as a DEN@Viterbi student.
Continuing USC Viterbi master's students are eligible and must have a 3.3 cumulative GPA in their current academic program.
Application Deadline for Fall 2021 Consideration: Thursday, July 22 at 11:59 PM (PT)
For questions, please email DEN@Viterbi.usc.edu.
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the DEN@Viterbi Scholarship:
- Applying or admitted to a USC Viterbi School of Engineering master's program as a DEN@Viterbi (online) student. The applicant must be admitted to their academic program upon review of the scholarship application.
- Applicant must work full-time and submit proof that their current employer provides either partial or no educational funding opportunities.
If you've recently lost employment, or are currently unemployed, please reach out to DEN@Viterbi.usc.edu for guidance on how to apply for this merit-based scholarship.
- USC Viterbi Progressive Degree Program Students must be in the final year of their Master's Program and pursuing their courses fully online via DEN@Viterbi.
- Minimum GPA Requirement:
- Prospective or newly admitted master's students must have a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Current USC Viterbi master's students must have a 3.3 cumulative GPA in their program of study
- Evidence of leadership or accomplishments as cited by manager or supervisor within the applicant's organization.
DEN@Viterbi Scholars must:
- Take courses for credit only
- Courses must be applicable towards the degree program
- Maintain enrollment as a DEN@Viterbi student
Before submitting the DEN@Viterbi Scholarship application, you must have a USC Graduate Application on file for review, or be a currently enrolled USC Viterbi graduate student. You must be formally admitted into the University as a DEN@Viterbi student upon review of your scholarship application.
Please submit the following:
- Completed DEN@Viterbi Scholarship Application
- Including a list of any academic honors and/or publications
- Personal Statement
- The personal statement should succinctly describe the reasons for pursuing your intended program at the Viterbi School of Engineering, future career plans, and other aspects of your background and interests which may aid the scholarship committee in evaluating your reason for pursuing an advanced degree.
- Copies of transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Please submit unofficial transcript copies as part of your scholarship application. The scholarship committee does not have access to the transcripts submitted as part of your application for admission. Current students, or students that have taken courses via Limited Status enrollment, should provide a copy of their STARS report.
- Letter or Flyer indicating your current employer's partial tuition assistance policy
- If no tuition assistance is available through your current employer, please attach a letter from a direct manager or HR representative confirming that no tuition assistance is offered.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- One letter must come from a current manager or supervisor with direct oversight of your performance in the workplace.