Assistant Professor of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering
- 2008, Doctoral Degree, Aeronautics and Astronautics, California Institute of Technology
- 2004, Master's Degree, Aeronautics and Astronautics, California Technology University
- 2001, Master's Degree, Aeronautics, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid
Ivan Bermejo-Moreno received his Ph.D. in aeronautics (2008) from the
California Institute of Technology. Afterwards, he held a postdoctoral research
fellowship at the Center for Turbulence Research, Stanford University/NASA Ames
Research Center (2009-2014). He joined the Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering
Department at the University of Southern California as an assistant professor in 2015.
His research combines numerical methods, physical modeling and
high performance computing for the simulation and analysis of turbulent fluid
flows involving multi-physics phenomena.
He is a recipient of the Fulbright Fellowship, the Rolf D. Buhler
Memorial Award, the William F. Ballhaus Prize and the Hans G. Hornung Prize.
Computational fluid mechanics, turbulent flows, fluid structure interaction, combustion, hypersonic propulsion, high performance computing
- 2021 National Science Foundation Faculty Early Career Development Program (CAREER) Award
- 2009 Center for Turbulence Research, NASA/Stanford University Postdoctoral Fellowship
- 2008 GALCIT, Caltech The William F. Ballhaus Prize
- 2008 GALCIT, Caltech The Hans G. Hornung Prize
- 2004 GALCIT, Caltech The Rolf D. Buhler Memorial Award
- 2003 Fulbright Fellowship