Professor of Medicine and Chemical Engineering and Materials Sciences; Kenneth T. Norris, Jr., Chair in Medicine; Hastings Foundation Professorship in Medicine
- Doctoral Degree, Northwestern University
- Doctoral Degree, University of Pennsylvania
- Master's Degree, Northwestern University
- Bachelor's Degree, Cooper Union
Dr. Crandall received his B.Ch.E. from Cooper Union, his M.S. and Ph.D. in chemical engineering from Northwestern University, and his M.D. from the University of Pennsylvania. His training in internal medicine and pulmonary/critical care medicine was undertaken at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
Dr. Crandall's research has been focused on the following topics: markers of alveolar epithelial cell development and differentiation, regulation of pulmonary epithelial cell differentiation, acute and chronic lung injury and the factors that influence recovery, transport properties of pulmonary alveolar epithelium, and biology of nanoparticle interactions with alveolar epithelial cells.
- Mork Family Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science
- IRD 620
- USC Mail Code: 9250