USC-META RESEARCH AND EDUCATION IN AI CENTER FELLOWSHIP
USC Meta Center for Research and Education in AI & Learning
A joint effort by the The USC Viterbi School of Engineering and Meta, the REAL@USC-Meta Center tackles the scaling and sustainability aspects of AI/ML systems as these technologies are deployed for solving planetary-scale challenges. To this end, the Center aims to advance the understanding of how AI algorithms interact with hardware, and to use this understanding in the design of energy efficient and open-source AI/ML systems of the future. Alongside open-source technology initiatives, the center will include initiatives to advance AI education equitably into the future.
Producing consequential research will be coupled with rigorous educational training. The center, leveraging the research strength of the Electrical & Computer Engineering and Industrial & Systems Engineering departments, will train a new generation of students who understand both the technical and the societal impacts of this important and pervasive new technology.
- Designing AI systems of the future in close collaboration with industry and other research partners
- Teaching of foundations for AI systems and scaling aspects
The Fall 2023 USC-Meta Fellowship Application is now open. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, February 15, 11:59pm PST. Candidates will then be asked to submit video interviews. Final awardees are selected by a faculty committee from the pool of admitted students.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Student should be interested in AI algorithms and systems
- Applicants must be pursuing a Master's program within the Electrical and Computer Engineering or Industrial and Systems Engineering departments at USC
- Fellowship may cover up to the full amount of tuition and fees as determined by the scholarship committee
- Invitation to participate in bi-annual USC-Meta workshops
- Ability to participate in research projects
- Mentoring options with USC faculty and senior PhD students
- Be an active participant in this Industry-Academic partnership through internships and regular interactions
Published on February 24th, 2022
Last updated on February 9th, 2023