Zootopia – Movie Review

March 18, 2016

Last weekend, I watched the movie Zootopia with my family. It’s a hilarious, cute, and surprisingly insightful animated movie. The movie theatre was almost full, mainly with children and their parents, when we got there but luckily, we found seats. Though this was a Disney movie, I totally recommend it for all ages! It has surprising twists, it’s fast-paced, and did I mention it’s laugh-out-loud hilarious?

In Zootopia, the animal kingdom has evolved. Predator and prey no longer antagonize each other but have learned to live together harmoniously, or at least, that’s the idea. The first ever bunny (prey) to become a police officer (traditionally a role held by predators) illustrates how far they’ve come…until the rabbit gets assigned to parking duty. Her perseverance helps her move on to a missing person’s case that she must solve within 48 hours, and her career literally depends on it! She garners help from an unlikely source – a sly fox – and the race begins. This light-hearted movie with a subtle message is a joy to watch, and they certainly saved the best joke for last.

Published on March 18th, 2016

Last updated on January 20th, 2021