Getting a California Driver’s License

April 11, 2016

I can’t believe the whole semester has gone by without me writing about my car “adventures”! Well, time to make up for that now.

I’m preparing to take the written exam to get my California driver’s license soon. Because I already have a driver’s license from another state, I can waive the actual driving test, which is a relief. For international students who get driver’s licenses – remember, your license is valid even when you move to another state until your license expires or the state who issued the license invalidates it.

However, it’s still a good idea to get a driver’s license from the state where you currently live or plan to stay. My friend procrastinated and failed the written exam the first time, so I’m going to make sure I study the handbook thoroughly. In the midst of final projects, I’m hoping to dash over to the LA DMV office, which is conveniently located just a couple blocks away from the USC campus.

I’m looking forward to registering to vote in California if and when I get my license, so hopefully that will happen in time for the California primary elections.

Published on April 11th, 2016