Syrup – The Sweet Taste of Dessert

May 17, 2016

I went to Syrup with a few friends last week to celebrate the end of the semester with sweet indulgence. It was my first time, but it definitely won’t be my last!

It’s an amazing and creative dessert cafe in downtown LA that serves a variety of ice cream, their signature waffle specialties, crepes, a large selection of hot chocolate and coffee, sundaes, unique grilled cheese sandwiches and so on. I ordered the delicious signature nutella Belgian waffle.

It was a small cafe, with a large line, and seating both upstairs and downstairs as well as outside. Luckily, we snagged a table big enough for our group and while eating their delicious food, we also played one of the games they had available, Jenga. Figuring out how to keep that tower balanced was fun and challenging. Our best tower was taller than our heads (while seated of course)! We succeeded in not creating what a friend called  “Jenga waffles,” a.k.a. toppling the tower into our food and had a great night.

Whatever legacy we may leave at USC, at least we will always have the legacy of our initials and the “Fight on” slogan on a Jenga block at Syrup!

Published on May 17th, 2016

Last updated on January 20th, 2021