Fundraisers + Pizza

September 24, 2016

This week, a friend invited me to a fundraiser event for a USC Taekwondo student club he’s involved in. The fundraiser involved enjoying pizza while 20% of the proceeds of anyone who showed a coupon between 6-9pm went to the club. It was held at Blaze Pizza, which is a restaurant on Figueroa and is walking distance from USC’s campus. They make fresh oven-cooked pizzas in front of you and you can even build your own.

The best part was meeting others who had showed up for the fundraiser and knowing that for once, my eating out was going towards a good cause! The money raised will help the team fund students to attend various martial arts competitions in the area. Not a bad way to spend a week night.

20% is a pretty good percentage – I recommend any student organization, especially graduate ones with fewer funding sources at USC, consider working with Blaze if you need to fundraise. It’s possible other restaurants in the USC area would also do something like this. It not only raises money but becomes a social event without too much planning. Just remind people to bring coupons and print extras for those who forget, like me!

Published on September 24th, 2016

Last updated on January 20th, 2021