USC Alumni Career Fair

March 8, 2017

Unbelievably, spring break is almost here! Since I last wrote, a lot has happened including finding a great new restaurant, visiting The Broad museum, and midterms. However, I want to tell you about one of two important things going on this week. Then, during Spring Break, we can breathe a small sigh of relief between finishing research projects and job/internship hunting.

First, there’s the Alumni Career Fair at USC! I know, it seems like I just finished talking about career fairs but in case you’re still looking, I wanted to mention this. Surprisingly, it’s an annual occurrence for the past 7 years but this year it’s been better advertised. It’s perfect for those currently job hunting, those with a couple years experience looking for a change, or those who recently graduated but might still live in the Los Angeles area. No matter what, face-to-face interactions are the best way to land a job or internship or make new career connections.

Not only does it have several companies and universities (in case you’re thinking of non-corporate jobs or want to enter academia), the fair also has a professional photo booth!

There are several engineering companies that will be present like Evolution Design Lab and Laserfiche. BME students like myself will be skeptically asking “is there any BME company here for me?” The answer is yes and no – it depends on what you’re looking for. Amgen and Teledyne will be there along with  hospitals and health systems looking for qualified BME to join their team. Some companies will even be open to visa sponsorship, such as SouthWest Medical Resources and Nectar Product Development.

Details:

• Friday, March 10, 2017
  • 10:00 am to 2:00 pm PST
  • Trousdale Parkway

Definitely worth checking out!

Published on March 8th, 2017