Adrenaline Rush – Get, Set GO!

Posted: September 19, 2015, 11:02am

Adrenaline Junkies do have the most fun and to say they are adventurous would be an understatement. I’ve always wanted to be a risk taker and as a person I’m very curious, inclined to explore and try new things. Getting into graduate school is a big thing, the pressure, the stress and what not to pursue something you love. So, when I got an admit from USC (also happens to be my dream college and rightly so I might add!) I was ecstatic.

I literally cherish the first few weeks in college as it did expose me to a lot of new things, places, people, etc., (Well, the free food doesn’t hurt!!). I am literally a 12 year old at heart especially when it comes to food (Pizza…) and fairs and honestly who isn’t? So when we got to know that USC was giving us the opportunity to explore the LA county fair, everyone was thrilled beyond words. To begin with, if you endure the pain of travelling for an hour, you literally enter a fantasy land! Imagine a place filled with rides, food, cowboy shoes and hats (Giddy up I say) it takes you back to your childhood. A little confusing in terms of directions but that was finally what helped us enjoy some of the best shows/rides at the fair. The live experience with a shark gave me the jitters when the instructor was just tossing the shark up and down , literally it looked like he was singing a lullaby to it and FYI sharks can’t be trained thus it is fair to say that the man deserved all the applause. Next came the cute sea lion show where the two “girls” (sea lions) performed an awe-worthy head stand and entertained us, not to be missed in case you check out the fair!

The food, not many choices for vegetarians but well if you’re a hard-core Bacon fan, you don’t want to miss any of it. A worthy mention, would be the Strawberry Funnel cake with whipped cream and powdered sugar on top, shaped like a heart, it got imprinted on mine. The cheese on a stick with mustard sauce yum yum! NOW for the main part, THE RIDES, Ferris wheel is a beauty to look at once it darkens a little and lights are up but personally not as stimulating when
you actually go on it. Although I must recommend the coasters out of which one is aptly named “THE CRAZY COASTER”, I have never ever experienced the same kind of rush ever before and I literally could dedicate an entire entry to it.

Anyway, my shout out especially to all the new students is to explore, enjoy and get a kick from all the delightful opportunities and events that USC offers. You never know what may leave you awe-struck!

Last updated on September 6th, 2017