Another Weekend in San Francisco!

July 28, 2017

Posted: December 30, 2016, 3:03pm

I swear I can’t stay away! My brother and I made a short, but sweet trip to San Francisco to spend time with our cousin and a couple of close friends. We took it pretty easy, eating our way through the city at a few new places and our favorites, specifically Hillside Supper Club and Thorough Bread and Pastry. We also got the chance to hike a wonderful trail on Mount Tamalpais in Marin County just north of the Golden Gate Bridge with a beautiful 4-month-old Vizsla pup. Over the course of 3.5 hours, we walked and talked our way through the woods and past a few waterfalls and hills.

We also had the opportunity to try out a new virtual reality game and it was incredible! I can’t wait until this becomes a normal household item. When wearing the full set, with the goggles and earphones, it really is like stepping into a whole new world. My brother and I played a few rounds before we had to move to our next activity – visiting Facebook! My brother’s friend works there so he was able to give us a tour around their campus. It was pretty amazing to see how the entire operation works. New age companies are so different from the typical workplace now. Although I’m still years away from completing my PhD, I’m getting excited to see the job opportunities I will have when I graduate!

Published on July 28th, 2017

Last updated on August 10th, 2017