Brazilian Pizza

Posted: March 8, 2016, 6:14pm

On Saturday, my labmates and I went out to grab some Brazilian food in Culver City. We went to Bella Vista Brazilian Gourmet Pizza on Venice Boulevard, a restaurant that as over 30 different types of pizzas. In an all-you-can-eat style, we tried many different varieties, some of which were like typical American pizza, and others that we distinctly Brazilian. For the savory ones, my favorites were the Strogonoff Pizza (beef stroganoff + fried potato sticks) and the Frango Com Catupiry Pizza (chicken + catupiry + corn). We also tried other ones covered in everything from palm hearts to zucchinis to tuna. Like Brazilian Barbeque places, the servers came around continuously with different gourmet pizzas.

After the savory round, we tried their dessert pies – the pizzas doces. Made with the same base and crust, these were covered in fruit, mozzarella, chocolate, and condensed milk. My personal favorite was definitely the Brigadeiro Com Morango Pizza (chocolate + condensed milk + strawberries). If you’re interested in trying something new (but not totally weird), I would definitely checking this place out!