Celebrating Mom’s 50th Birthday in Vegas!

Posted: November 7, 2016

Every year, my mom’s actual birthday falls around the same time as the ABC Kids Expo, a tradeshow for juvenile product companies/exhibitors, buyers, sales representatives, and the media, and this year was no different. October 18th, a Tuesday, happened to be the first day of the convention. My mom works as the Vice President of Talent Management for the MDB Family, a collective of baby furniture brands created by my uncle and currently run by my oldest cousins. My dad, brother, and I go to Vegas annually to support our family as they show off their newest designs and products. We’re always proud of all the work it takes to put up such incredible displays and decorations.

Although my mom had to help work the booth in the morning and afternoon, we were able to take her to the Bacchanal Buffet at Caesars Palace for lunch and treat her to Tom Colicchio’s Craftsteak at MGM Grand for dinner. We technically all celebrated the 50thbirthdays of both my mom and my dad during the Napa trip we took after my brother’s graduation earlier this year in May, but a bunch of family was also in Vegas for the tradeshow so we were able to have another big celebration for her real birthday! Wishing my parents another happy and health 50 years!!

Last updated on July 28th, 2017