Coldplay: A Head Full of Dreams Tour!

Posted: August 22, 2016, 2:44pm

Coldplay is incredible. On Saturday, eight of us – my parents, my brother and his girlfriend, my cousin, two of my best friends and I – went to the first night that they played at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. We headed to the stadium to park at the tailgating area at around 4pm, and munched on some delicious food (cold noodles, egg rolls, wine, and caramel flan!) while playing around with a cool temporary tattoo kit from Inkbox. We got to try out our new USC mini tent, which was pretty cute and easy to set-up and tear down. It’s perfect for a day in the park or on the beach!

We went into the stadium at around 7pm at caught both of the opening acts – Bishop Briggs and Alessia Cara. I had Alessia’s album on repeat in the days leading up to this weekend and I was so happy I did because she was absolutely incredible. Dressed simply in dark jeans and a t-shirt with her hair tied up in a bun, she wowed the crowd with just her raw talent. It won’t be long before she gets her own show at venues like the Rose Bowl! As for the main show itself, Coldplay was simply amazing. Similar to their Mylo Xyloto tour, which I went to freshman year, they had everyone in the audience wear wristbands that lit up in time with the music. During their big hits like ‘Adventure Of A Lifetime’, the whole Rose Bowl was so colorful and breathtaking. They played songs from all of their albums and wrapped the night up with ‘A Sky Full of Stars’ and ‘Up&Up’. My voice was completely gone by the end, yet I was so tempted to buy tickets for the Sunday night show and yell/sing even more. If they tour again, I will definitely be there!!