Exploring The Sea Ranch for a Birthday Weekend

July 28, 2017

Posted: February 13, 2017, 10:21pm

For my cousin’s birthday this year, we kept up the tradition of going on a relaxing weekend adventure by heading the opposite direction up to The Sea Ranch about 2 hours north of San Francisco.  Jess had been eyeing this area for a while now because of the unique house style and proximity to the coast. Their distinctive architecture consists of grey wood panels sitting on heavy timber frames. The color of these shingles blended really well with the rest of the landscape, almost disappearing into it. Most of the walls consist of a huge pane of glass, perfectly capturing the views in a picture-like manner. The cabins were spaced pretty far apart, giving us plenty of open field and space to walk around.

We stayed two nights and spent a lot of time cooking, playing games, reading, and exploring the area. There were lots of deer there, roaming around grazing. The two dogs that came with us had a field day looking at them from the windows and the porch. I got to know a few of my cousin’s good friends a lot better throughout the trip, and I can’t wait to see them again. I love visiting San Francisco – I know so many people up there now. It’s time to start planning my next trip!!

Published on July 28th, 2017

Last updated on August 10th, 2017