Finding Neverland

Posted: February 27, 2017, 4:34pm

Last week, my family attended the third show included in our Pantages Theater season pass – Finding Neverland! Before we headed over to Pantages, we had a quick dinner at Katsuya across the street. I got to satisfy my chawanmushi craving (a Japanese steamed egg dish) while enjoying other delicious dishes, including a blue crab hand roll and a grilled yellowtail collar. Because we had to reschedule our original show date, we were reseated to 4 spots that were actually closer to the stage than our normal section. Although we were slightly to the side, it was incredible seeing the actors so close. When we turned around, we could even see the cue screens that displayed the conductor working in the orchestra pit. For this show, the conductor also played the keys!

We had a general idea of what the story was about, the creation of Peter Pan by famous playwright, J.M. Barrie, but we didn’t know the exact details. I always enjoy Broadway shows that include children and animal actors, so I immediately fell in love with the cast, which include 4 young boys and an adorable pup. I have to confess that I basically spaced out and missed all the dialogue whenever the dog was on stage, but I still kept up with the general storyline and plot. This show had a lot of ensemble pieces with gorgeous choreography – if you’re looking to see an exciting Broadway play, definite check out Finding Neverland! They’ll be showing at Pantages until March 12th!!