Fun Weekend and Finger Lickin’ Food

Posted: September 25, 2016, 7:06pm

Well, I thought of having some fun before the dreadful midterm week starts, when I would be in the library 24*7 trying to get work done. So, I decided to try out restaurants that I haven’t been to yet.

My friends and I decided to go to Yard House for dinner, which is famous for its draft beers and American cuisine. It is located at LA Live and has an amazing ambience with unmissable energy that makes you feel enlivened, the moment you walk in. Since it was a Friday night, we had to wait for around half an hour to get a table but it was worth the wait. Their shiitake garlic noodles and truffle fries are a must try. Also, their onion ring tower is great and tastes delicious with the buttermilk ranch. I really enjoyed their Margherita pizza; it had a crispy and a very thin crust. I am a vegetarian and Yard House offers a variety of vegetarian dishes. If you want to chill with your friends over good food and beer, Yard House is the place to go.

Image sources: www.foodspotting.comwww.tripadvisor.com.ph

The next day, I ended up going to Rosa Mexicano, a Mexican cuisine restaurant in LA live. Mexican is one of my favorite cuisines. And Rosa Mexicano’s table side guacamole – Dios mio, so tasty!  Their tortilla chips were warm and crisp, just the way one likes it and with good salsa. We tried their vegetarian quesadilla and enchilada. The quesadilla was scrumptious and the sauce in the enchilada tasted very fresh. Their margaritas are pretty strong but I would go with the Mango Chile cocktail with tequila, mango, lime and a chili-salt rim. Good ambience and great food; definitely worth a try.

Last updated on January 20th, 2021