Getting Ramen at Meh-Oh!

Posted: February 8, 2016, 1:48pm

Before I left to go study abroad the spring semester of my junior year of undergrad, my brother and I decided to go on an epic foodie adventure around Los Angeles. Ramen was and continues to be one of our favorite comfort foods, so we looked up all of the top restaurants across the county and tried one of them every three or four days. Before doing this with my brother, my favorite had always been Daikokuya (there’s a reason why they are so famous!!); however, after taking the many factors into consideration – wait time, the noodles, cost, flavor, extra ingredients/items, and more, Men-Oh was hands down the best. Whenever I get a ramen craving now, I head straight to Honda Plaza in Little Tokyo and order their Tokushima bowl.

Last week, I took two other members of my lab, Yuta and Nathan, to try it out. All three of us ordered their classic ramen, chicken karaage, and habanero sauce. As I predicted, they thought it was delicious! Men-Oh even got a stamp of approval from Yuta, a native of Japan. It has been a few years since my brother and I tried all of these restaurants. Perhaps it’s time to see and check out the new places that are slowly climbing the ramen ladder in LA!