Homecoming 2015

July 27, 2017

Posted: November 12, 2015, 8:00am

For three years during my undergrad at USC, I was fortunate enough to have been a part of the world-famous Spirit of Troy: The University of Southern California’s Trojan Marching Band.  Playing trumpet with “The Greatest Marching Band in the History of the Universe,” I traveled all over the country with my friends and the football team to face off against rivals like Notre Dame, Stanford, Boston College, and more.  For this year’s homecoming, alumni from all sections of the band were invited back to play with the current 300 members in celebration of our director’s 45thstraight year leading the TMB.  1000 instruments strong, we dominated the stadium and hopefully gave some of the attendees the chills.

It was exhilarating being on the field again and performing in front of over 70,000 fans and alumni.  The bandmates from my class and I played during both halftime and post-game and danced to classics like Tusk and Sing, Sing, Sing.  Here’s the video from the halftime show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VhW3ua0Rso. At 8:44, you can see me and my friend running across the field midscreen from left to right. What do you think?  Do I have a future as a blocker??

Published on July 27th, 2017

Last updated on August 10th, 2017