Lazy Saturday in Downtown

Posted: November 20, 2016, 6:55pm

Having downtown LA in our backyard here at SC is awesome for a lot of different reasons.  I recommend people to check out the different districts especially when they come alive over the weekends.  The expo line metro is probably the best way to get into downtown, which can be challenging if you want to drive.  Although there are 15 known districts in downtown (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downtown_Los_Angeles#Districts), the one that never gets advertised is the ‘parking district’, which is comprised of randomly distributed, and overpriced parking lots!

This past Saturday I headed to the fashion district to get an old suit altered before heading to the grand central market for brunch.  It’s a great place to go if you’re in a group which can’t decide on a single thing to eat.  Besides eating, one of my favorite things to do in downtown has been to stare at the Wilshire Grand Center skyscraper ever since it began construction around the time I came to USC.  So if anyone asks how long it takes to get a PhD: about the time it takes to build a 1000 ft skyscraper!