The Little Mermaid in Concert at the Hollywood Bowl!

July 27, 2017

Posted: June 9, 2016, 3:00pm

Last weekend, my family and I went to The Little Mermaid in Concert Live to Film at the Hollywood Bowl!!  This was the first time they have done something like this, and it was more than I could have ever imagined.  Before the movie started, Alan Menken, the legendary musical theatre composer, played a medley of all of his Disney hits in films such as Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, Enchanted, Tangled, and more.  This man basically wrote all of the songs of my childhood.  After his stellar performance, they officially started The Little Mermaid.  The full orchestra played everything from the Disney intro sequence of Tinker Bell flying over the Sleeping Beauty castle to all of the sound effects and background music behind the dialogue of the film.

For the songs, Sara Bareilles was Ariel for ‘Part of Your World’, Darren Criss was Prince Eric for ‘Her Voice’, Rebel Wilson was Ursula for ‘Poor Unfortunate Souls’, Titus Burgess was Sebastian for ‘Under the Sea’ and ‘Kiss the Girl’, and John Stamos was chef Louie for ‘Les Poissons’.  Each and every single one of these performances was simply incredible.  As a last treat, the original singer for Ariel, Jodi Benson, sang ‘Part of Your World’ for us.  If they ever do any other Disney movie in concert, I will DEFINITELY be going.  Worth every penny!

Published on July 27th, 2017

Last updated on August 10th, 2017