Nostalgia

July 26, 2017

Posted: October 13, 2015, 10:44am

When you land in the US for the first time, everything is strange, but in a good way most of the time. The hard part is when the glamour wares off and you miss your family and friends back  home. So when my uncle from San Francisco gave me a call and invited me for a weekend to spend quality time with the family I was ecstatic. It didn’t take me more than a few minutes to pack my bags, make arrangements and leave.It was one of the best weekends so far.

As soon as I landed, we started our drive towards Saratoga, which is a 30 min from the airport and on the way I got to see some sights. I saw the Microsoft and Google offices and also got a chance to pass by Stanford’s campus. As soon as I arrived my little nieces and nephews greeted me with open arm and took me to play. We had some delicious food that day and shortly after I dozed off.

The next day was the most exciting since we made an impromptu decision to go see the Golden Gate Bridge  (YAY SIGHTSEEING!). After a blissful lunch which included Mac and cheese sandwiches, and tomato basil soup we were off.  I was not prepared for the amazing wonder of the huge majestic golden gate bridge. I learned that the waters on which the bridge was built on is home to an island which serves as a huge prison. The idea behind it was if the prisoners tried to escape they would be surrounded by water. The day ended with a wonderful dinner at a cute Mexican place whose quesadillas I still dream of.

The pure joy of watching cartoons with kids should never be underestimated, I was laughing more than either of them. I really miss my family while I’m  here in the US and I’m already looking forward to visiting them my uncle again. After all the saying is true home is where the heart is!

Published on July 26th, 2017

Last updated on August 10th, 2017