Secret Eats on Campus!

Posted: October 12, 2015, 9:00am

Like most of my friends and peers, one of my favorite things to do is eat.  As a college student with limited time to go out and get real, sit-down food, I have managed to slowly comb through campus to find the best quick meals that aren’t from fast-food vendors that dominate the area around USC.  Here are some of my go-to spots:

The Café @ Wallis Annenberg Hall (ANN)

Whenever I miss my study-abroad days in Paris, I always head over to the new Annenberg building to grab a Parma ham and gruyere cheese baguette sandwich.  The Café focuses on single-origin foods that are inspired by snacks you can find around Europe. The menu consists of all sorts of pastries, sandwiches, and drinks, like Perrier and iced tea.  The Arabica ‘illy’ coffees are made with a special espresso and coffee machine, and are honestly the best you can find on campus.  Be sure to check this place out!

Nekter at Shop Café @ Harris Hall (HAR)

For something cold and sweet, head over to the Nekter Juice Bar at the School of Architecture for a smoothie or acai bowl.  One of the best kept secrets on campus, this café has an incredible stock of fruits and vegetables that can be blended into your snack.  Using only USDA organic and fair trade products, Shop Café is the place to go for a healthy and tasty treat, which you can order ahead with the Tapingo app!

Cammilleri Café @ Verna and Peter Dauterive Hall (VPD)

In one of the farthest corners of campus, you can find the Joyce J. Cammilleri Café serving up their specialty fruit-infused iced teas and coffees.  A branch of the USC University Club, this little shop carries many exclusive sandwiches and salads that very few people get a chance to eat (only faculty, post-docs, or staff can be members of the University Club).  If you ever find yourself around Price or Town & Gown, head here for a great bite!

Have fun eating!!