Skiing in Aspen

Posted: February 29, 2016, 12:37pm

Almost every year since I was 12, my extended family of 20 would go on an epic ski/snowboarding trip. Throughout the years, we have hit the slopes of incredible cities and mountains, including Mammoth, Whistler, and Aspen. Once, we even went to Japan, even though it somehow didn’t snow that year. The family has recently grown to 22 (yay cousins-in-law!), but since 2014, we have been returning to the Aspen Highlands annually. Last week, we all headed to Colorado for a much needed break, and it was everything that I could ask for. Even though I still had to work on two assignments while I was there, I still had plenty of time to blow off some steam in the snow and have plenty of sleep.

Of course, skiing on fresh powder and tackling the moguls were extremely fun, but the best part of the trip was seeing all of my aunts, uncles, and cousins. Although about half of us are from Los Angeles, it was still so nice to have everyone together. My cousins from Singapore and Hawaii all came out and we spent plenty of time hanging out and reconnecting. I am always thankful for the moments we get to spend as one family. I can’t wait for the next big trip!