Surprise at Le Petit Paris

Posted: October 14, 2016

For a little over a year now, my cousin Jessica and I have managed to see each other at least once a month, even though she lives in San Francisco (I know…not far, but far enough!). I’ve made a few trips up North, exploring Napa, Yosemite, and Santa Cruz, and she’s come down to LA for a Coldplay concert and for some family events. This past month, we were panicking to keep our streak going, so we decided to have her surprise our aunt on her birthday! Jess managed to hang out with my brother and I for two days before we went to the birthday lunch at Le Petit Paris. Before then, my brother took her all over Los Angeles, and we tried out some new restaurants, like Broken Spanish.

We stopped by a flower market on the way there and picked up three small orchids, my aunts favorite flower. Jess held them in front of her face when we strolled into the restaurant and no one noticed until be were basically standing right in front of them! It was a wonderful surprise and everybody was excited to see her. We celebrated with giant platters of fresh oysters, escargot, and bacon. If you’re ever craving real French food, definitely head downtown to Le Petit Paris! Jess and I haven’t planned our October meeting yet – maybe I’ll fly up to SF in a few weeks!