Switch to US, Switch to Apple!

July 26, 2017

Posted: September 28, 2016, 6:31pm

Typically, back at home you would notice the majority of people around you using a Windows Laptop and an Android phone. People swear by these and its considered as a standard from where I am (INDIA!!) So there is a big cultural difference of course when you compare two countries but one of the first things I witnessed when I landed was- how loyal people here are to Apple.

Unfortunately, my phone and laptop broke down when I got here [I swear I didn’t do a thing ;)] so I headed off to buy a new laptop and phone. What better than to buy a MAC and with all these student discounts thrown at us with a bonus Beats headphones (299$ guys!), I was tempted. I was lucky to buy it on the last day of this offer, now I set on an expedition to secure the iPhone 7. Boy, was I in for a ride. We decided not to order it but to pick up on the day that it released. On September 16th, my fate was going to get sealed, but being a little sensible we called ahead for the availability and alas, we discover that we would only get the Jet Black piece in the next 8 weeks.

As a final option, I gave up and succumbed to online ordering and now am eagerly awaiting my iPhone 7 which will arrive anytime between Oct 19th-Nov 1st. Also, now I’m a broke student for this semester and have to give up pizza! The basic technologies that we use everyday also range heavily when you travel across half the world that its staggering but I guess as they say, “If you don’t have an iPhone, you don’t have an iPhone”.

Published on July 26th, 2017

Last updated on August 10th, 2017