Tailgating with VGSA

Posted: January 5, 2017, 6:31pm

For the last signature event of the semester, VGSA threw a tailgate for one of our biggest football games of the year – USC vs. Notre Dame! The last match for the Fall 2016 regular season, this game fell over the Thanksgiving break weekend, but we still had a huge turnout at our spot in Alumni Park. Surrounded by the Von KleinSmid Center (VKC), Bovard Auditorium and Doheny Library, we had a true USC experience. Although it drizzled for the second half of our pre-game, everything kept rolling on since we had two huge tents to keep us dry and happy. We catered everything from corndogs to tri-tip sliders, mac-n-cheese balls to nachos from Rosie’s BBQ, one of our favorite vendors.

Because I was able to get a few free tickets from some friends in band, I ended up attending the game with my close friends in the VGSA senate.  We entered to Coliseum late in the 2nd quarter since we needed to clean up after the tailgate, but we were able to catch the most memorable plays of the game, namely, Adoree’ Jackson’s touchdowns on a punt return, a 52-yard reception, AND a kickoff return. We were all screaming in the pouring rain – I’m glad I checked the weather that day and wore my tall rain boots and a heavy waterproof jacket! The student section rallied and we had an incredible finish to our regular season. I am so excited for next year!! Definitely buying season tickets!